Edit your basic account information
To edit your account, just sign in on the Google Accounts homepage.
In the Email & phone box, click Edit to edit the email address (username) associated with your account. It's not possible to change your username if you use Gmail. Learn more
At the top, click Security. In the Password box, click Change password. For more information on security and safety, check out Google's Safety Center.
Personal name, nickname
Click the tab for Personal info. If you have Google+, you can change your personal name or nickname by clicking Edit profile. If you don't have Google+, click Edit in the Personal information box instead.
If you have a birthday listed on your account, you can update it through Google+.
- Open Google+. Place your cursor in the top left corner for the Google+ main menu. Click Profile.
- Click About at the top.
- Under the Basic Information section, click Edit.
- In the Birthday section, enter your birth month, day, and year. You can adjust who can see it on your profile using the dropdown menu to the right.
- Click Save.
If you use Google+, sign in to plus.google.com. Then, hover your cursor over your profile photo and click to change your photo. You can upload a photo, choose one that’s been shared on Google+, or take a new photo. Learn more about setting your profile photo.
If you don't use Google+ but have a public Google profile, sign in to your account at accounts.google.com. Click Edit profile to update your profile picture.
To remove certain products from your account, click Data tools at the top. In the Data tools box, click Delete products next to Account Management, then select the appropriate link from the list.
Note that it's not always possible to remove an individual service. If you'd like to learn more about the options available for a service, please visit the Google Help page, where you can find extensive information on specific products.
Deleting your account
To delete your account, click Data tools at the top. In the Data tools box, click Delete account and data.
- If you delete your account, you'll permanently delete the Google products associated with that account, such as your orkut profile and your web history.
- If you use Gmail with your account, you'll no longer be able to access your inbox, and you won't be able to reuse your Gmail username.
For tips about online safety, visit Google's Safety Center.