Detecting suspicious activity on your account
If you notice any of the following behaviors while using Gmail, orkut, or Blogger, it's possible that your account has been compromised.
- Some messages have disappeared.
- Messages you didn't send are bouncing.
- Your friends complain that they received spam from you.
- Messages that you didn't send appear in Sent Mail.
- Your Last account activity shows sign-in activity at unusual times or from unusual computers.
- Your Gmail settings have changed, but you didn't change them. Settings include: vacation responder, signature, forwarding, filters, and others.
- Your friends receive spammy scraps from you that you didn't send.
- Some of your photos are deleted.
- Your profile information has changed.
- You're now a member of communities you didn't join, or some of your communities are missing.
- Posts you didn't publish continue to appear on your blog despite having changed your mail-to-Blogger address.
- You get comments from other Bloggers on posts you didn't publish.
If you believe your account has been compromised, please reset your password so nobody else can sign in to your account. To do so, just enter your username on the password-assistance page.
For further assistance with resetting your password, please visit our troubleshooter.