Detecting suspicious activity on your account
If you notice any of the following behaviors while using Gmail or Blogger, it's possible that your account has been compromised.
- Some messages have disappeared.
- Messages you didn't send are bouncing.
- Your friends complain that they received spam from you.
- Messages that you didn't send appear in Sent Mail.
- Your Last account activity shows sign-in activity at unusual times or from unusual computers.
- Your Gmail settings have changed, but you didn't change them. Settings include: vacation responder, signature, forwarding, filters, and others.
- Posts you didn't publish continue to appear on your blog despite having changed your mail-to-Blogger address.
- You get comments from other Bloggers on posts you didn't publish.
If you believe your account has been compromised, please follow the steps to secure your account.
Nick is an Accounts expert and the author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about how to improve it.