Use Sound Amplifier
You can use Sound Amplifier on your Android device with wired headphones to filter, augment, and amplify the sounds in your environment.
Download and turn on Sound Amplifier
Note: If you have a Pixel 3, skip to the Pixel 3 section below.
- Download Sound Amplifier on Google Play.
- Connect wired headphones to your Android device.
- Tap Sound Amplifier .
Pixel 3: Turn on Sound Amplifier
Sound Amplifier is already installed on your phone. To get started, follow these steps:
- Open your device's Settings app .
- Tap Accessibility, then tap Sound Amplifier.
- Tap Use service.
- To accept the permissions, tap OK.
- Connect wired headphones to your device.
- At the bottom of your screen, tap the Accessibility button .
- If there's no Accessibility button on your screen, tap Sound Amplifier , or learn how to find the Accessibility button.
- If you've turned on more than one accessibility tool that uses the Accessibility button, touch and hold the button to switch between tools.
Change Sound Amplifier settings
You can change the loudness and tuning levels to adjust to your current environment.
- On your device, go to the Apps section.
- Tap the Sound Amplifier app .
In Sound Amplifier settings, you can explore these options:
- Pause amplification: Tap Pause .
- Change the sound settings: On the Sound tab, try changing the Boost and Fine tuning controls to find the setup that works best for you.
- Adjust ears separately: On the Sound tab, turn on Adjust ears separately to apply settings to the right and left audio independently.
- Reduce unwanted sounds: On the Noise tab, change the noise reduction level.
To open Sound Amplifier settings quickly, swipe down from the top of your screen and tap the Sound Amplifier notification.