TalkBack helps you answer or hang up calls. With a Pixel device, you can also navigate your phone app for options like recent calls, contacts or voicemail.
Manage your calls
- To answer an incoming call: Two-finger swipe up.
- To reject a call: Two-finger swipe down.
- To reject a call and send a text: Swipe right and double-tap Reply.
- To hang up a call: Near the bottom of the screen, select End call.
- You can also update your settings to hang up a call with the power button. Learn how to hang up with the power button.
Tip: If your device supports multi-finger gestures, you can also use a two-finger double-tap to answer or hang up a call.
Navigate the phone app on Pixel devices
- Search for contacts and places: At the top-left corner, below the status bar, you can search for your contacts. When you double-tap, a search box opens.
- If you have a network connection and if you’ve turned on Location Services, you can also search for places near you. For example, search for a local restaurant to place an order or make a reservation.
- Voice search button: To search with your voice, double-tap.
- More options:
- Recent calls: Below the search button, there's a list of your recently dialled, received or missed calls. To get the callback option for a call, swipe right, or explore by touch.
- Navigation tabs: Below your recent calls, there are tabs for different parts of the phone app:
- Favourites: Any contact that you mark as a favourite and numbers that you frequently call.
- Recents: A list of recent calls.
- Contacts: Your phone contacts.
- Voicemail: Depending on your operator, you may have a fourth tab for your voicemail inbox.
- Keypad: At the bottom right, above 'Contacts', you can open a keypad to dial a call. To open the keypad, double-tap.
- To enter +, move focus to the 0 key. Double-tap and hold.
- In-call options: When you're on a call, you can:
- Mute: Mute or unmute your microphone.
- Keypad: Bring up the keypad.
- To close the keypad, swipe down, then left. Or, if gesture navigation is on, two-finger swipe from left or right.
- Speaker: Switch speakers.
- You can choose Earpiece or Speakerphone. Or, if you’ve connected one, Headset.
- Add call: Merge separate calls. To merge calls, put your current call on hold and make another one. Then, select Merge.
- Video call: With some operators and devices, you can switch to a video call.
- Hold: Pause a conversation, but stay on the call.
- To unpause, tap your screen again.
- End: Hang up the call.
For more help with TalkBack, contact the Google Disability support team.