To specify text-to-speech settings for your device:
- Open your device's Settings app .
- Open Accessibility, then Text-to-speech output.
- Choose your preferred engine, language, speech rate, and pitch.
- Note: The default text-to-speech engine choices vary by device. Options can include Google's Text-to-speech engine, the device manufacturer's engine, and any third-party text-to-speech engines that you've downloaded from the Google Play Store.
- To hear a short demonstration of speech synthesis, press Play.