For email messages to a group, you can choose to include the standard Google Groups footer, a custom footer, neither, or both. Use the standard footer to give recipients links to view the message on the web or unsubscribe from your group email messages. Use a custom footer to add personalized content, such as links or contact email addresses for your organization.
Set the footer for a group
You can set different footers for different groups.
- Sign in to Google Groups.
- Click the name of a group.
On the left, go to Group settingsEmail options.
- In the Email footer section:
- To include or exclude the Groups standard footer, check or uncheck the Include the standard Groups footer box.
- To use a custom footer, check the Include a custom footer boxenter the footer text in the field.
You can include both options.
- Click Save changes.
View the footer
To review the footer, open an email message sent to the group in Gmail.
You don’t see the footer if either:
- You view a message from the Google Groups conversation view or your Gmail Sent folder
- You’re Cc’d on an email message.