Enroll an Android device your company owns
This article applies only for G Suite customers. Learn more about G Suite.
Enrolling a company-owned Android device in mobile management gives you access to your G Suite account and work apps on the go. You can get help managing your device from your G Suite administrator, who works to keep your company’s data safe.
Before you begin
- These instructions apply to company-owned Pixel devices running Android 8.0 or later. Setup might vary if you’re using a different device.
- To get started, you need a G Suite account and a company-owned Android device. If you don’t have a G Suite account, see your administrator.
Enroll a company device in mobile management
If the device was already in use, first do a factory reset:
- Tap Settings Backup & reset Factory data reset.
- Follow the prompts.
Then, enroll the device in mobile management:
- At the home screen, tap Start.
- Connect to a mobile network or tap the Wi-Fi network you want to use.
Once connected, the device might check for updates.
- When prompted, choose an option:
- Copy your data from another device or the cloud.
- Set up the device as a new device.
- Sign in with your G Suite email address and tap Next.
This the email address you use at your organization.
- Enter your password and tap Next.
- When prompted, tap Accept & continue to set up your device for work.
The device is set up, updated, registered, and apps are installed.
Note: If you see a prompt to install the Google Apps Device Policy app, create a work profile, or both, follow the steps below to enroll the device with Google Apps Device Policy.
- Follow the prompts to set up security features.
Use these steps if the device prompts you to install the Google Apps Device Policy app, create a work profile, or both.
Using the Google Apps Device Policy app, your admin can manage your device and control certain settings. For example, you might have to lock your screen or use device encryption. Pixel devices come with this app preinstalled, so you might just need to install an update to the built-in version.
- When prompted to install the Google Apps Device Policy app, tap Next.
- (Optional) Tap Install to install an update to the Google Apps Device Policy app.
- Tap Next when prompted.
- When prompted to allow the Device Policy app to make and manage phone calls, tap Allow.
- Tap Next each time you’re prompted and return to the sign-in screen.
- Sign in and go to Google Play and install the managed apps you want to use.
Note: Depending on the settings your admin has selected, you might not be able to install all the apps you want. If so, contact your admin.