Switching to Android from iOS
4. Move photos, videos, and more to Android
Move your photos, videos, and bookmarks from your old device to your Android device in a few simple steps.
In this section, you learn how to:
Transfer your photos and videos with a USB cable:
- For Blackberry phones, on your computer, open the BlackBerry Desktop software. For details, visit the Blackberry website.
- Connect your Windows Phone or Blackberry to your computer with a USB cable.
- Copy your photos and videos from your phone to your computer.
- Connect your Android device to your computer with a USB cable.
- Create a new folder on your Android device.
- Transfer your photos and videos from your computer to your Android device. For details, see Transfer files between your computer & Android device.
To make it easier to find your favorite websites and pages, transfer your bookmarks from your Windows Phone to your new Android device.
Transfer your bookmarks from Microsoft Internet Explorer® to Chrome:
- Make sure your Internet Explorer bookmarks are being synced to Microsoft Cloud®.
- On your Windows Phone, go to SettingsSync my settings.
- Make sure Internet Explorer is turned on.
- Sync your bookmarks to your computer.
- Sign in to your Windows 8 or 8.1 computer with your Microsoft account.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Next to Add to favorites, click the arrow and then click Import and export.
- Select Export to a file and click Next.
- Check the Favorites box and click Next.
- Select the folder that you want to export your favorites from and click Next.
- Choose the location and the name of the file where your favorites will be saved and click Export.
- Click Finish.
- Transfer your bookmarks from Internet Explorer to Chrome.
- On your computer, sign in to Chrome with your G Suite account.
- In the top-right corner of the browser window, click MenuBookmarksImport Bookmarks and Settings.
- From the drop-down list, select Microsoft Internet Explorer and select the items to import.
- Click ImportDone.
- On your Android device, sign in to the Chrome app with your G Suite account.
If you’re having trouble seeing your bookmarks on your Android device:
- On your device, open the Chrome Browser app and tap MoreSettingsyour account nameaccount you're signed in to.
- Make sure that Sync is turned on and the Bookmarks box is checked.