Send chat messages to video meeting participants
You can send messages during a meeting to the other video call guests from a computer or mobile device.
- If you join in a conference room using Google meeting room hardware, you can see the messages, but not send.
- Messages are visible to everyone in the call.
- You can only see the chat messages exchanged when you are in the meeting. Messages sent before you joined are not displayed, and all messages disappear when you leave the meeting.
- Share links to discussion items, such as designs, proposals, agendas, and other online resources.
- Share links to Google Docs meeting notes or Google Slides presentations so people can follow along or add feedback.
- Submit questions during a presentation without interrupting the speaker—then answer all the questions in the following Q&A session.
Send a chat message during a video meeting
- Join a Meet video call.
- Click Chat (upper right corner).
- Enter a text message and click the Send icon.
Note: If you want guests to be able to edit a file, make sure you have shared the Google file with them.