Record a video meeting
This feature is available with the G Suite Enterprise and G Suite Enterprise for Education editions. For details, see Compare G Suite editions.
You can record video meetings for other people to watch later if you’re the meeting organizer or in the organizer's domain.
When you record a video meeting:
- Recordings include the main window and participant filmstrip, including the active speaker and presented documents. Other windows or notifications are not included. Pinning a participant won’t affect who is shown in the recording.
- Recordings are saved in the Google Drive of the meeting organizer and in the Calendar event. Also, the meeting organizer gets an email with the recording link.
- People outside your organization, mobile app users, and people who dial in using a phone get notified when the recording starts or stops, but cannot control the recording.
- Record team presentations and share them afterwards with co-workers.
- Record training materials and make them available on demand to students and new employees.
- Record conferences that people can’t physically attend.
Start and stop a recording
- Open Meet and start or join a video meeting.
- Click More Record meeting.
- Wait for the recording to start.
Other participants are notified when the recording starts or stops.
- Click More Stop recording when you finish.
- The recording also stops when everyone leaves the meeting.
- Click Stop recording again to verify.
- Wait 10 or more minutes for the recording file to be generated and saved to the organizer’s My Drive > Meet Recordings folder. An email with the recording link is also sent to the meeting organizer and the person who started the recording.
Note: This feature is only available for the desktop version. Mobile app users get notified when the recording starts or stops, but cannot control the recording.
Play, share, download, or save a recording
In Google Drive
Recordings save to the event organizer’s Google Drive folder (My Drive > Meet Recordings folder). However, if the organizer changes or the meeting occurs outside of the calendar event, the meeting link is sent to the original event creator.
- Open Drive and double-click a recording file to play it.
- Select an option:
- To share a recording, select the file and click Share . Or, click Link and paste the link in an email or chat message.
- To download a recording, select the file and click More Download .
- To add a recording to My Drive, select the file and click Add to My Drive .
An email with the recording link is sent to the meeting organizer and the person who started the recording.
- Click the link in the email.
- Wait for the recording to open.
- Select an option:
- To play the recording, click Play .
- To share the recording, click More Share . Enter user names or email addresses and click Done.
Note:: You can also copy and share a link.
- To download the file, click Download .
- To add the recording to the current folder, click Add to My Drive .
In the Calendar event
The recording is automatically linked in the meeting’s Calendar event. Calendar invitees in the same domain as the meeting organizer are automatically granted access to the recording.