Chrome Browser only
- Turn on notifications in Google Drive so you know when people share files with you or mention you in a comment.
- Notifications appear in Chrome Browser. On Android devices, notifications also appear in your Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides apps.
Turn on notifications
- In Chrome Browser, open Drive.
- Click Settings and select Settings.
- On the left, click Notifications and choose an option:
- To receive updates on your web browser, check the Get updates about Google Drive items in your browser box, and select the items you want to be notified about.
- To receive updates by email, check the Get all updates about Google Drive items via email box.
- Click Done.
- Open the Drive app.
- At the top, tap Menu .
- Tap Settings .
- Tap Notification settings (Android) or Notifications (Apple iOS).
- Turn on Show notifications (Android) or Notifications enabled (iOS) and choose which settings you'd like to change.
Google, G Suite, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.