Get started with Calendar
1. Schedule events
Schedule one-time activities, such as conferences, as well as recurring events, such as staff meetings. Let everyone know if you’re attending with a single click from the event invitation.
In this section:
|In Calendar, click an empty time slot in the calendar grid and click Event. You can also click Create.|
|Add an event title, date, and time.|
|(Optional) To create an event using another calendar, click your name, then click the Down arrow and select the calendar.|
|Click More options or Save.|
Open your event.
- On the Guests tab, go to Add guests and enter the first few letters of a person’s name or email address in the box.
Matching names and addresses in your organization’s directory appear as you enter text.
- Click a suggestion to add that person to the event. If no suggestions appear, enter your guest’s full email address.
- (Optional) To mark a guest’s attendance as optional, point to the guest name and click Mark optional .
- (Optional) To allow guests to modify the event, invite others, or see the guest list, under Guests can; check the appropriate boxes.
Note: If you create an event in Calendar and do not give guests permission to modify the event, they will not be able to change the event's date or time on their own calendar.
Forward an invite:
You can let guests forward an event invitation by email to other people.
- Open the event.
- On the Guests tab, under Guests can:, check the Invite others box.
When new guests respond to the invite, they are added to the guest list.
Note: If you don’t see resources, room details, or automatic room suggestions, your G Suite administrator might not have set them up for your organization.
- Open an event.
- Click the Rooms tab. Suggestions automatically appear based on your work location, number of attendees, and previous room bookings.
- If you need to adjust the criteria for your meeting room, you can:
- Click People to specify the required room size.
- Click Video to specify the need for video-conferencing equipment.
- Click Phone to specify the need for audio conferencing.
- Point to the room that meets your criteria and check the box to select the room.
- If you don’t see a suitable room:
- In the search box, enter another resource or building name, floor, or conferencing equipment (such as Chromebox for meetings). As you enter text, you’ll see results below the search box.
- Point to a room to see details, such as room capacity, location, equipment and features.
- When you find the room you need, point to it and check the box to select it.
|Choose a time zone.|
|Set up a recurring event.|
|Find a time—Find a time when your co-workers are free for the meeting.|
|Add event details—Add the meeting location, send event notifications, and more.|
|Add video conferencing—Add a video meeting to your event. Or, select a third-party conferencing add-on.|
|Add an event description—Add details, such as contact information, instructions, or links for your event. Format your description by adding bold, italic, or underline, or add lists and links.|
|Add attachments—Attach files, such as documents or presentations to your events.|
When you’re finished filling in the details, save your event and send your invitations.
Save your event:
- Click Save.
- Click Send to notify guests by email or Don’t Send if you don’t want to notify guests at this time.
- If you’re inviting people outside of your organization, click Invite external guests to notify them or Continue editing to notify them later.
Update an existing event:
You can invite more guests, change the meeting location, and more.
- In the Calendar grid, single-click the eventEdit .
- If you want to invite more guests, change the meeting location, or add attachments, make your changes and click Save.
Note: If the event organizer hasn’t given you edit permissions, you can't make changes to the event time or its duration.
Propose a new meeting time:
- In Calendar, single-click the event in your calendar grid.
- Go to the Going? section and click the Up arrow Propose a new time.
- In the Your proposal section, select a different time or day and add a message.
- Click Send proposal.
When you get an invitation to an event, it appears on your calendar. You get invitations by email as well if you subscribe to email notifications. If you're using Gmail, you can respond to the invitation right from the email.
Reply to an invitation:
- In the Calendar grid, single-click an event to preview it.
- At the bottom of the event preview window, select a response. Response options are available only in the preview window. They don't appear in the event details window.
- (Optional) To add a note or propose a new meeting time, in the bottom-right corner, click the Up arrow and choose an option.
Note: All guests can propose a new time, except for events with more than 200 guests or all-day events.
Reply to an event from a forwarded invitation:
If you get a forwarded invite by email, you can respond right from the email.
- In Gmail, point to the email and click RSVP.
- Click your response.
If you need to track attendance for your event, you can instantly see who’s accepted or declined your invitation, and who’s proposed a new meeting time.
Check guest attendance:
- In your Calendar grid, single-click the event.
- Next to each guest, you can see their response. You might have to click the Down arrow to see the responses.
Respond to a proposed new meeting time request:
- In your Calendar grid, single-click the event.
- In the Guests section, go to the proposal and click Review proposed time.
- To accept the new proposed time, click Save.
- (Optional) To notify guests about the new meeting time, click Send.
Delete an event:
Click the event in your calendar grid and click Delete .
Restore an event you deleted by mistake, or permanently remove deleted events:
- To find your deleted event, click Settings Trash.
- Point to the event and choose an option:
- To restore the event, check the box next to the event and click Restore.
- To permanently delete the event, check the box next to the event and click Delete .
- (Optional) To delete all events in your trash, at the top right, click Empty trash.
Note: Deleted events remain in a calendar's trash for approximately 30 days.