Search your inbox to find the email you need.
In this section:
- Open Gmail.
- At the top, in the search box, enter your search criteria.
- When you search a person’s email address, the results also show email that includes their alias. To limit the search to only the original email, enclose the search criteria in double quotes. For example: "from:firstname.lastname@example.org".
- When you search “from:email", the results also return Drive files shared by that email address.
- Press Enter.
To narrow your search, at the right of the Gmail search box, click the Down arrow .
Add specific search criteria. For example, you can find an email from Alice that has an attachment within a particular time frame.
- Click the search box. Your most recent search may show.
- Go to the search and click Delete .
You can also clear your search history from Google servers. Learn how to delete your activity.
To learn more about advanced searches, see search operators in Gmail.