Group owners and managers can turn the feature on or off for each of their groups.
- On—Members who choose to get email updates can read and respond to posts using Google Groups online, email, or both. If they opt out of email updates, they can access posts online.
- Off—Group members can access old posts (those added to the history before the feature was turned off) online. New posts aren’t included in the history. Group members who get email updates can read and reply to them through email. Users who opt out of email updates can access existing posts but can’t see new posts.
Turn conversation history on or off
- Sign in to Google Groups.
- Click the name of a group.
- On the left, click Group settingsPosting policies.
- Under Conversation history, select whether to turn this feature On or Off.
- Click Save changes.