View and manage your calendars
With G Suite Sync for Microsoft® Outlook® (GSSMO), you can manage your G Suite calendars from Outlook, including your primary calendar, calendars you create, and calendars other people have shared. Just select the calendars you want to synchronize with Outlook, and these calendars display in Outlook's Calendar Navigation Pane which appears on the left side of the Outlook window.
Select calendars to sync
If you track multiple calendars, you can improve performance in Outlook by choosing to sync only the calendars you need. Follow these steps to see which calendars you can sync:
- Click the GSSMO icon in your Windows® taskbar.
- The GSSMO icon appears in your taskbar, typically next to the clock. From here you can access the GSSMO settings.
- If you don't see the GSSMO icon, it might be automatically hidden by Windows. Click the small white up arrow on the taskbar to show all icons.
- Note: The GSSMO icon will only appear if GSSMO is running.
- Choose Select calendars to sync.
The dialog shows all calendars associated with your G Suite account.
- Check a calendar in the Select Calendars to Sync dialog to display the calendar in Outlook's Calendar Navigation Pane. Uncheck a calendar to remove it from the navigation pane which can also help optimize performance in Outlook:
Add or remove calendars to sync
Here's how to specify which calendars you can sync to Outlook (and therefore be listed in the Select Calendars to Sync dialog):
- Create a new calendar—Set up a new calendar folder in Outlook (just like you would with Microsoft Exchange). The calendar appears in Outlook's Calendar Navigation Pane and is also available when you sign in to your Google Calendar account in a web browser.
- Add a calendar someone shared—If someone shares a calendar with you directly, it appears in Outlook's Calendar Navigation Pane automatically (you don't have to do anything to see it). If it's shared publicly or across your domain (such as a co-worker's calendar or a team calendar), you need to sign in to Google Calendar in a web browser to add it to Outlook. For details, see Add a calendar someone shared.
- Delete a calendar folder from Outlook—If you delete a calendar folder from Outlook (using Outlook's Delete Calendar Name command), the calendar is removed from your Navigate Pane, but it's not actually deleted from your account. It remains in the Select Calendars to Sync dialog, but is unchecked and therefore no longer synced with Outlook. You can display it again by opening the dialog and selecting the calendar.
- Delete a calendar completely—To delete a calendar completely from your G Suite account, you must sign in to your G Suite account in a web browser and delete it from there. The calendar is removed from the Select Calendars to Sync dialog and is no longer available to view from Outlook. For details, see Delete or unsubscribe from a calendar.