With Google Workspace Sync for Microsoft Outlook (GWSMO), you can manage your Google Workspace calendars from Outlook, including your primary calendar, calendars you create, and calendars other people have shared. Select the calendars you want to synchronize with Outlook, and these calendars display in Outlook's Navigation Pane that appears on the left side of the Outlook window.
If you track multiple calendars, you can improve performance in Outlook by choosing to sync only the calendars you need. Follow these steps to learn which calendars you can sync:
Click GWSMO in your Microsoft Windows taskbar notification area.
- The GWSMO icon appears in the notification area, typically next to the clock. This area has been known historically as the system tray. From here, you can open the GWSMO settings.
- If you cannot find the icon, it might be automatically hidden within the overflow area. To view all icons, click the up arrow on the taskbar.
- Note: The icon only appears if GWSMO is running.
- Choose Select calendars to sync.
The dialog shows all calendars associated with your Google Workspace account.
- Check a calendar in the Select calendars to sync dialog to display the calendar in Outlook's Navigation Pane. Uncheck a calendar to remove it from the Navigation Pane that can also help optimize performance in Outlook.
Here's how to specify which calendars you can sync to Outlook (and are therefore listed in the Select calendars to sync dialog):
- Create a calendar—Set up a new calendar folder in Outlook (just like you would with Microsoft Exchange). The calendar appears in Outlook's Navigation Pane and is also available when you sign in to your Google Calendar in a web browser.
- Add a calendar someone shared—If someone shares a calendar with you directly, it appears in Outlook's Navigation Pane automatically (you don't have to do anything to view it). If it's shared publicly or across your domain (such as a coworker's calendar or a team calendar), you need to sign in to Google Calendar in a web browser to add it to Outlook. For details, go to Add a calendar someone shared.
- Delete a calendar folder from Outlook—If you delete a calendar folder from Outlook, the calendar is removed from your Navigate Pane, but it's not removed from your account. It remains in the Select calendars to sync dialog, but is unchecked and therefore no longer synced with Outlook. You can display it again by opening the dialog and selecting the calendar.
- Delete a calendar completely—To delete a calendar completely from your Google Workspace account, you must sign in to your Google Workspace account in a web browser and delete it from there. The calendar is removed from the Select calendars to sync dialog and is no longer available to view from Outlook. For details, go to Delete or unsubscribe from a calendar.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.