As a Groups administrator, you can delete a target audience. Learn more about target audiences.
Before you begin
- Important: Make sure you remove the target audience from any services it's applied to; otherwise, you can't delete the audience. For details, go to Set target audiences for a Google service.
- If you delete a target audience, members will no longer have access to any files shared with the audience (unless those files are also shared with members directly or through another group).
- Members' accounts and member groups aren't deleted.
- You can't delete the pre-defined target audience, which includes all users in your organization. This audience has the name of your organization.
Note: To stop using a target audience temporarily, you can remove it from Google services instead. For details, go to Set target audiences for a Google service.
Delete a target audience
On the left of the Admin console, go to Directory Target audiences.
- In the Target audiences list, point to the target audience you want to delete and click Delete.
Or click the name of the target audience, and on the left, click Delete.
- In the confirmation message, click Delete.