This page is for administrators. To manage groups for your own account, visit Google Groups help.
As a Groups administrator, you can add all your organization's users to a group. This is useful for organization-wide mailing lists and announcements.
Users are added as a single member, called All members in the organization. Members are added or removed automatically as they enter and leave the organization. In addition, you can edit the group’s access settings or delete the group.
If multiple domains are associated with your organization's managed Google Account, the group includes all users in all your domains.
Note: Only administrators can create organization-wide groups.
Add all organization users to a group
Before you begin: Create the group you want to add all your users to.
From the Admin console Home page, go to Groups.
- Click the name of a groupMembers.
- Point to Add and click Add members.
- At the bottom of the Add members box, click Advanced.
- Check the Add all current and future users of your organization to this group box.
- Click Add to group.
After a group becomes an organization-wide group
- Delete redundant members—Any organization users already in the group still appear as individual members, even though they are also part of the All members in the organization member. You can delete the individual members manually.
For details: Remove group members.
- Prevent spam—To prevent spam from being sent to everyone in your organization, allow only group owners and managers to send messages to organization-wide groups. To designate an owner or manager of an organization-wide group, add the user individually and then assign the role.
For details: Assign roles.
- Calendar events—If the group is invited (or already invited) to any Google Calendar events, [your-domain]@allusers.d.calendar.google.com is listed as a guest. Your entire organization can receive invitations to such events.
For details: Share calendar invites.
- Audit logs—Admins might also see the allusers address in audit logs and reports.
For details: Audit logs.
- Suspended users—Suspended users are included in organization-wide groups, but they don't receive messages sent to the group while they're suspended. When the account is no longer suspended, the user will receive group messages.
For details: Restore suspended accounts.
- Not listed on user's account page—You won't see organization-wide groups in the Groups section of a user's account page.