You can turn on Google Meet meetings, manage advanced features, or make someone else in your Google Workspace account an administrator to help you perform Meet management tasks.
Turn on Meet meetings
When the Google Meet service is on, users in your organization can:
- Create and join Meet meetings in Google Meet.
- Use Meet in the integrated Gmail experience, if your organization uses Gmail. Learn more about integrated Gmail.
Users can still use other conferencing services when Meet is turned on.
Sign in to your Google Admin console.
Sign in using your administrator account (does not end in @gmail.com).
In the Admin console, go to Menu AppsGoogle WorkspaceGoogle Meet.
- Next to Service status, click the Down arrow .
To turn a service on or off for everyone in your organization, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
(Optional) To turn a service on or off for an organizational unit:
- At the left, select the organizational unit.
- To change the Service status, select On or Off.
- Choose one:
- If the Service status is set to Inherited and you want to keep the updated setting, even if the parent setting changes, click Override.
- If the Service status is set to Overridden, either click Inherit to revert to the same setting as its parent, or click Save to keep the new setting, even if the parent setting changes.
Note: Learn more about organizational structure.
To turn on a service for a set of users across or within organizational units, select an access group. For details, go to turn on a service for a group.
Changes can take up to 24 hours but typically happen more quickly. Learn more
A Meet conference link is automatically added to all new Google Calendar events for users that can create Meet meetings. Admins can disable automatic Meet conference links for all new Calendar events, or users can adjust the conferencing preferences for their account.
To learn how turning off Meet impacts users in your organization, see Turn off Meet meetings for your organization.
Manage Meet safety settings
You can control who can join meetings in your domain and which meetings your users may join. For details, go to Manage Meet safety settings.
Grant access to manage Meet settings (optional)
Make someone else an admin to help you perform Meet management tasks in your Google Admin console. This way, if you’re busy or on vacation, someone else can help with tasks.
For more information, go to:
- Assign specific admin roles to a user
- Create, edit, and delete custom admin roles
- Pre-built administrator roles
If you manage Meet for an education organization
If you are managing Meet for an education organization, there is some additional information available to you. Go to Set up Meet (for Education admins).
Review HIPAA compliance
Organizations subject to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) should review HIPAA Compliance with Google Workspace and Cloud Identity.