Get started: Create a simple mailing list
(Optional) Turn off Groups for Business
If you want to prevent users from creating groups in your G Suite account, turn off Groups for Business.
From the Admin console Home page, go to Apps G Suite Groups for Business.
To see Apps, you might have to click More controls at the bottom.
At the top right of the gray box, click Edit Service .
Select OFF for everyone, then click Save.
What happens when you...Turn off Groups for Business
If you turn off Groups for Business:
- Your organization can't access the Google Groups UI, groups.google.com/a/<mydomain>.com—This means you and your organization users can’t access advanced features such as:
- Group discussion archives
- Member and subscription settings
- Settings for group email footers, subject line prefixes, and message moderation
- Existing groups are not deleted—Groups that you or your users created remain in your G Suite account. People who have permission to post to the group can still do so through email. To prevent the use of a group, you must also delete it.
- You can still access groups in the Admin console—As an administrator, you still have access to all the groups in your account through the Admin console.
If you later turn Groups for Business back on:
Access to the Google Groups UI is restored—You and your users can access advanced settings for your groups at groups.google.com/a/<mydomain>.com.
Deleted groups aren't restored—If you delete any groups after turning off Groups for Business, those groups can't be restored.
- Access to archived messages is restored—For groups that had message archiving turned on, the archive includes group messages that were posted when Groups for Business was off. Turning Groups for Business off or on doesn’t affect message archiving for groups. However, users can access the message archive only if Groups for Business is on.