Important: These instructions are for non-Education accounts only. To view instructions for education accounts, log out and then log back in with your education account credentials.
To turn off Meet meetings, turn off Google Meet. Turning off Meet prevents people in your organization from creating Meet meetings and using Meet in Gmail. However, they can still join Meet meetings created by others.
Turn off Google Meet
To prevent users from creating Meet meetings, turn off the Meet service for your organization. Users can still receive Meet calls or join Meet meetings created by others.
In the Admin console, go to Menu AppsGoogle WorkspaceGoogle Meet.
Next to Service status, click the Down arrow.
- To apply the setting to everyone, leave the top organizational unit selected. Otherwise, select a child organizational unit or a configuration group.
- Select Off for everyone.
- Click Save. If you configured an organizational unit or group, you might be able to either Inherit or Override a parent organizational unit, or Unset a group.
Changes can take up to 24 hours but typically happen more quickly. Learn more
Change settings if Meet meetings are off
If you turned off meetings for your organization, depending on how you use Meet, you might need to change additional settings.
Remove the Meet add-in for Outlook
If you installed the Google Meet add-in for Microsoft Outlook, you will need to turn off or remove the add-in. For details on turning off the add-in for Outlook, refer to your Microsoft documentation.
Turn off conferencing on Jamboards
If you use Jamboard for meetings, turn off video conferencing.
Change room resource details
If you added conferencing details to a room resource, update that resource to accurately reflect what’s available to users.
In the Admin console, go to Menu DirectoryBuildings and resources.
- Click Manage resources.
- Click a room resource.
- Click Details or Features to edit the information.
- Click Save.
Delete Looker Studio reports
If you created any Looker Studio reports for conferencing data, you should delete them. For details, go to Delete a report.
Remove allowlisted Meet servers
If you allowlisted media servers for Meet, you can optionally remove them. For details, go to Prepare your network for Meet meetings.
- Turn on Meet meetings for your organization
- Save messages and change your calling account if your administrator has disabled Meet
- Turn Meet legacy calling on or off for your users without impacting additional services
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.