Prepare your support team
- Know how to use Hangouts Meet.
- Be able to troubleshoot issues with video meetings and meeting rooms.
- Understand your users’ video meeting activity.
- Know what information to provide when contacting G Suite support.
Some of the information that your support team might need can only be accessed by a G Suite administrator in the Google Admin console. You can create custom admin roles to give your support team access to the information they need. For more details, see Grant administrator privileges.
Learn to use Meet and track activity
As an administrator, you can track video meeting activity in your organization using the Hangouts Meet audit log.
For example, you can see when a user starts a meeting, where they’re joining meetings from, and who was in a meeting.
For more details, see Hangouts Meet audit log.
Use the Meet quality tool to troubleshoot your organization’s Hangouts Meet video meetings in real time and identify the root cause of issues.
For example, you can see an overview of meeting metrics, find and debug meetings, view network statistics (jitter, packet loss, and congestion), or view system (CPU) statistics.
For more details, see Troubleshoot meeting quality.
Before you contact G Suite support, have your support team:
- Describe the issue
- Collect client hardware and software information
- Collect user information
- Collect meeting information
- Verify the client and network configurations
- Access Meet client logs
For more details, see Troubleshoot Meet.