Available for Beta customers of G Suite Enterprise, G Suite Essentials, and Cloud Identity Premium Edition
You can use the investigation tool to search and investigate user log events, and take action based on the results of your investigations. For example, you can do the following:
- Identify and investigate attempts to hijack user accounts in your organization.
- Monitor which 2SV methods users in your organization are using.
- Learn more about failed login attempts by users in your organization.
- Restore or suspend users.
To search and investigate user log events:
- Sign in to the Google Admin console at admin.google.com.
Be sure to sign in using your administrator account, and not your personal Gmail account.
- Click Security.
- Click Investigation tool.
- Choose User log events as the data source for your search.
- Click ADD CONDITION.
You can include one or more conditions in your search. For details about which conditions are available for User log events, see Customize searches within the investigation tool > Conditions for user log events.
For example, you can narrow your search based on the Date of the event, the name of the user, or an Event type such as a password change, 2SV enrollment, or a failed login.
- Click SEARCH.
The search results are displayed at the bottom of the page.
Take action based on search results
From the search results page, select one or multiple users. Then, from the ACTIONS drop-down menu, click Restore user or Suspend user.
View details for individual users in search results
From the search results page, select only one user. From the ACTIONS drop-down menu, click View details. A page is then displayed with sign-in information, the name of the organizational unit, security details, group membership, and more.
From this same page, you can also take actions on the user; for example, to reset the user's password or rename the user.