You and your users can review G Suite Marketplace apps to leave meaningful feedback and help others find suitable apps.
Review an app
- Go to the G Suite Marketplace and sign in with your managed Google Account, such as G Suite or Cloud Identity.
- On the left, scroll down and click Manage Apps.
If you don't see the left panel, at the top, click Menu to open it.
- Click the app your want to review.
- Under Rate this app, add a rating and review (up to 2,000 words).
- When you're done, click Submit Review.
Review and comment guidelines
- Keep it readable—Avoid excessive capitalization or punctuation. Remember to use proper grammar and check your spelling. Treat your review with the respect it deserves.
- Aim for clarity—Post clear, valuable, and honest information. You can include positive and negative aspects in your review to help developers understand what works and what doesn’t.
- Be polite—Write truthfully, but professionally. You might feel short-term relief to detail your frustrations quickly in a review, but a well-written review will usually provide more long-term benefits.
Reviews that violate the following policies will be removed:
Spam and genuine reviews—Reviews must be a genuine account of your personal experience with the app or app service and should not be posted to manipulate an app’s rating. Don’t post fake reviews. Don’t post spam or the same content multiple times. And, don't write reviews for the same app from multiple accounts.
Off-topic reviews—Keep your reviews relevant to the app or service you’re reviewing. Reviews aren’t meant to be a forum for solicitations, political or social commentary, or personal rants.
Illegal content—Don’t post reviews that contain or link to unlawful content, such as links that facilitate the sale of prescription drugs without a prescription.
Advertising—Don’t use reviews to advertise or publish any promotional or commercial content, including affiliate or referral-based content. We don’t allow phone numbers, email addresses, or links to other websites in reviews.
Sexually explicit content—We don't allow reviews that contain, promote, or solicit sexually explicit content. Also, we don’t allow reviews that depict or address children in a sexual manner. For this type of content, we'll remove the review, shut down the account, and, where applicable, send a report to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) and law enforcement.
Hate speech—We don't allow reviews that promote violence or incite hatred against individuals or groups based on their race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or other characteristic associated with systemic discrimination or marginalization.
Offensive content—We will remove content that contains obscene, profane, or offensive language or content.
Conflict of interest—Reviews are most valuable when they are honest and unbiased. If you own the app or work for the business that created it, don’t review it. Don’t offer or accept money, products, or services to write reviews.
Copyrighted content—Don't post reviews that infringe others' rights, including copyright. For more information, see the Copyright Help Center.
Impersonation—Don’t post reviews on behalf of others or misrepresent your identity or connection with the app you’re reviewing.
Personal and confidential information—Don’t post reviews that contain personal or confidential information, such as an address, driver's license number, or any other information that’s not publicly accessible.
Bullying and harassment—We don’t allow individuals to use the G Suite Marketplace to harass, bully, or attack other individuals. We remove reviews that represent personal attacks on others.
- Gaming the system—If we determine that your review is a part of an organized campaign to affect the ranking of an app, we will remove your review. Repeated or extreme abuse of these policies will result in further disciplinary action, including a ban on your ability to leave reviews.