Before you begin
- Create user accounts.
To sign in and use Cloud Search, a person in your organization needs their own Google Account.
- Assign licenses to your users (if needed):
- For Enterprise and Education Plus editions, your organization needs at least 500 licenses to search content from third-party repositories.
- For the Cloud Search Platform edition, users in your organization need a Cloud Search Platform license to search third-party repositories.
- If Cloud Search Platform is your organization's only Google service with user-based licensing, then everyone in your organization has a license by default. You don't need to assign licenses. Learn more about how licensing works.
- Find a Cloud Search certified partner.
- Work with a Cloud Search certified partner to choose a connector.
A connector uses Google APIs to integrate the data in your third-party repository with Cloud Search.
- Add a data source to search.
To store the index for a third-party repository, add a data source in Cloud Search.
- Map user identities.
To map third-party usernames to Google Accounts, create an identity source.
- Create a custom search experience.
To tailor the search experience for the business needs of your organization, create custom search applications.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.