Turn classic Sites on or off for users
This article is for administrators of the classic Google Sites (no Publish button at the top right). Get help for administrators of the new Google Sites.
As a G Suite administrator, you can turn classic Sites on or off for people in your organization. People who have classic Sites turned on can use it to create and manage websites at your domain's web address.
Using multiple domains? People in all your domains can use Sites.
To control who uses classic Sites in your organization
Before you begin: To turn the service on or off for select groups of users, put their accounts in an organizational unit.
- From the Admin console dashboard, go to AppsG SuiteSites.
At the top of the gray box, click More and choose:
- On for everyone to turn on the service for all users (click again to confirm).
- Off to turn off the service for all users (click again to confirm).
- On for some organizations to change the setting only for some users.
If you chose On for some organizations:
- In the left panel, select Settings for specific org units.
- Select the organization that contains the users whose settings you want to change.
- Click Override or Inherit, whichever appears.
Override makes the setting stay the same, even if the parent setting changes.
Inherit reverts to the same setting as its parent.
- If you clicked Override, select On or Off to change the setting.
- Click Save.
Learn more about the organizational structure.
- Set sharing options to specify whether users can create their own sites
- Enable viewers to comment on sites
- Control who can access Google services
- Opt in to new services (to turn new services on or off by default)
- G Suite for Education Core and Additional services