Turn Sites on or off for users
As a Google Apps administrator, you can control who uses Google Sites in your organization. Just turn Sites on or off for those people in your Google Admin console. People who have Sites turned on can use it to create and manage websites at your domain's web address.
Using multiple domains? People in all your domains can use Sites.
To control who uses Sites in your organization
Before you begin: To turn service on or off only for some users, put their accounts in an organizational unit.
Sign in to your
Google Admin console.
Sign in using your administrator account (does not end in @gmail.com).
- From the Admin console dashboard, go to Apps > Google Apps > Sites.
On the service's settings page, click (top of gray box) and choose one of these settings:
- On for everyone to turn on service for all users.
- Off to turn off service for all users.
- On for some organizations to customize the On/Off setting for different users.
- If you choose On for some organizations, a window opens where you should:
- Select the organization (org) containing the users whose settings you want to change.
- Click Override or Inherit, whichever is showing.
- Click to change the setting from On to Off (or vice versa).
Questions? Learn more about the organizational structure.
- Click Apply.
Set sharing options to specify whether users can create their own sites, enable viewers to comment on sites, and more.