Turn Sites on or off for users
As a Google Apps administrator, you can control who uses Google Sites in your organization. Just turn Sites on or off for those people in your Google Admin console. People who have Sites turned on can use it to create and manage websites at your domain's web address.
Using multiple domains? People in all your domains can use Sites.
To control who uses Sites in your organization
Before you begin: To turn the service on or off for select groups of users, put their accounts in an organizational unit.
Sign in to your Google Admin console.
Sign in using your administrator account (does not end in @gmail.com).
- From the Admin console dashboard, go to AppsGoogle AppsSites.
- At the top of the gray box, click and choose:
- On for everyone to turn on the service for all users (click again to confirm).
- Off to turn off the service for all users (click again to confirm).
- On for some organizations to change the setting only for some users.
- If you chose On for some organizations:
- Select the organization that contains the users whose settings you want to change.
- Click Override or Inherit, whichever is showing.
- If you selected Override, click On or Off to change the setting.
The Inherit option indicates that the organization uses the same setting as its parent. The Override option lets you turn the setting on or off for the organization, independent of the setting for the organization’s parent.
- Click Apply. Then click again to confirm.
Learn more about the organizational structure.
- Click Apply.
- Control access to another service
- Opt in to new services (to turn new services on or off by default)
- Google Apps for Education Core and Additional services