See how rooms and resources are used
View room and resource use in one quick and easy glance. The Room Insights Dashboard gives you metrics to analyze how your organization uses space. Use this information for planning to help save time and reduce costs.
Insights you get from the dashboard
The dashboard helps answer question such as:
- What are your most popular rooms?
- Are your rooms under-utilized or over-utilized?
- Which room sizes are most popular?
- What equipment drives room use?
- What are the best times to schedule repairs and maintenance work?
Before you begin
- Set the time zone for each room—Update the local time zone so the dashboard shows data correctly.
- Use a structured format for rooms—Only metrics for structured resources appear in the Insights Dashboard.
Set time zones
There are 2 ways to update the time zone for your resources; in bulk using and API, or one by one in Google Calendar.
Use the API for bulk updates
Set individually in the Google Calendar
You must be signed in as a Super administrator for this task.
Sign in with your G Suite administrator account and open Google Calendar.
- In the left side bar, point to Add a coworker’s calendar.
- Click Add Browse resources.
- Next to the resource you want to add, click the Down arrow and check the box. The resource now appears in your Settings for my calendars list.
- From Settings for my calendar, click the resource to open the settings options.
- In Calendar settings under Time zone, click the Down arrow and select the correct time zone from the list.
Go to your Dashboard
To view the Room Insights Dashboard, you need Room insights privileges.
From the Admin console Home page, go to Buildings and resources Room insights.
To see Buildings and resources, you might have to click More controls at the bottom.
Requires having the Service Settings administrator privilege with the Room insights custom role.
- Click Open Room insights.
Change dashboard scope and timeframe
You can set a filter on the dashboard to view a particular room, building, floor, capacity, or feature. You can also change the time period that appears. For example, set a weekday filter to see data for the days of the week and not for Saturday and Sunday.
The filter and date range controls is shown at the top of the dashboard. The date range is on the far right and the dashboard filter is on the left.
To set a filter, click Add a filter , make your selections, and click Apply. Your changes are shown immediately.
To adjust the date range, click the existing date range to open the controls. Once you've selected a new date range, click Apply to update your report.