You can remove a user’s admin privileges and return their account to normal user status. The user can continue to use their other Google Workspace services, but won’t have access to the Admin console.
Remove admin privileges (keeps user's account)
You must be signed in as a super administrator for this task.
From the Admin console Home page, go to Users.
- Click the user's name (the admin whose privileges you wish to revoke) to open their account page.
- Click Admin roles and privileges.
- Click the slider to revoke a role.
- At the bottom of the section, click Save.
You’ll see a brief pop-up confirmation message that the role has been updated, and admins will receive a confirmation email.
- Protect Google Workspace admin accounts
- Delete an administrator account
- Change a user's admin role
- View a user’s roles and privileges
- Permanently delete a user's account
- Delete or remove a user from your organization