Supported editions for this feature: Frontline; Business Plus; Enterprise; Education Fundamentals, Education Standard, Teaching and Learning Upgrade, and Education Plus; G Suite Basic and G Suite Business; Cloud Identity Premium. Compare your edition
When you set up advanced management with Apple iOS devices, you created an Apple push certificate that you must renew yearly. The certificate establishes a trusted connection between iOS devices and your organization's domain.
Before you begin
- You cannot renew your certificate if it has already expired, you don't have the password for the Apple ID that's associated with the certificate, or you use a different Apple ID. Instead, you must set up a new certificate. For details, see Set up an Apple push certificate.
- Do not reload your browser window or close any pages while you renew the certificate.
Renew your certificate
Step 1: Generate a renewal request
From the Admin console Home page, go to Devices.
- On the left, click Mobile & endpointsSettingsiOS settings.
- Click Apple certificates.
The current certificate details are displayed: the unique identifier (UID), the Apple ID, and expiration date.
- Click Renew Certificate.
- Click Get CSR and save the certificate signing request (.csr file). Download this file only once.
Step 2: Get a renewed certificate
- Click Apple Push Certificates portal.
- In the new tab, sign in to the Apple portal with the Apple ID and password you used when you created the certificate.
Tip: If more than one certificate is listed, you need to identify the correct certificate. Locate certificates with the same expiration date as in the Google Admin console. Click the i button ("certificate info") next to each one to find the UID and make sure it matches the certificate you want to renew.
- Click Choose File and open the certificate signing request (.csr) file you saved in step 1.
- To submit the request file, click Upload.
Apple accepts the request and displays a confirmation page with your service type, vendor domain, and the expiration date for this certificate.
- Click Download and save the signed certificate (.pem) file. Download this file only once.
- Go back to your Admin console tab or window.
Step 3: Upload your renewed certificate
- Click Upload Certificate and select the certificate (.pem) file you saved from the Apple Confirmation page in the previous step.
- Click Save & Continue.
The system verifies and uploads the renewed certificate. If you have problems, make sure the signed certificate you submitted matches the UID of the existing certificate.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.