When you set up advanced management with Apple iOS devices, you created an Apple push certificate that you must renew yearly. The certificate establishes a trusted connection between iOS devices and your organization's domain.
Before you begin
- If your certificate already expired, you can't renew it and you must set up a new certificate. When you set up a new certificate, your iOS users must enroll their devices again to synchronize work or school data.
- You need the password for the Apple ID associated with the certificate to renew the certificate. If you don't have the password or use a different Apple ID, you must set up a new certificate. When you set up a new certificate, your iOS users must enroll their devices again to synchronize work or school data.
- Don’t reload your browser window or close any pages while you renew the certificate.
Renew your certificate
Step 1: Generate a renewal request
From the Admin console Home page, go to Devices.
- On the left, click SettingsiOS settings.
- Click Apple certificates.
The current certificate details are displayed: the unique identifier (UID), the Apple ID, and expiration date.
- Click Renew Certificate.
- Click Get CSR and save the certificate signing request (.csr file). Download this file only once.
Step 2: Get a renewed certificate
- Click Apple Push Certificates portal.
- In the new tab, sign in to the Apple portal with the Apple ID and password you used when you created the certificate.
Tip: If more than one certificate is listed, you need to identify the correct certificate. Locate certificates with the same expiration date as in the Google Admin console. Click the i button ("certificate info") next to each one to find the UID and make sure it matches the certificate you want to renew.
- Click Choose File and open the certificate signing request (.csr) file you saved in step 1.
- To submit the request file, click Upload.
Apple accepts the request and displays a confirmation page with your service type, vendor domain, and the expiration date for this certificate.
- Click Download and save the signed certificate (.pem) file. Download this file only once.
- Go back to your Admin console tab or window.
Step 3: Upload your renewed certificate
- Click Upload Certificate and select the certificate (.pem) file you saved from the Apple Confirmation page in the previous step.
- Click Save & Continue.
The system verifies and uploads the renewed certificate. If you have problems, make sure the signed certificate you submitted matches the UID of the existing certificate.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.