View events on devices
This feature is available with G Suite Business and Enterprise editions. Compare editions
You can see a report of activities on Android and Apple® iOS® devices that are used in your organization. For example, you can see if a user’s device is compliant with the policies you set on the device. You review the various device activities in a log in the Google Admin console. What you see depends on the device and user account.
Before you begin
To view events on Android and iOS devices:
- The devices need to be managed using advanced mobile management. For details, see Set up mobile device management.
- Devices need to sync data using Android sync or iOS Sync for G Suite.
View device activity (devices audit log)
- From the Admin console Home page, go to Users.
- In the Users list, find the user. If you need help, see Find a user account.
- Click the user’s name to open their account page.
- Click Managed devices to see a list of the user’s devices.
- Hover over the Device ID and click MoreShow Audit Info.
The audit log for the selected device opens. For details see, Devices audit log.