Use the Classroom share button
This page is for teachers. Students go here.
You can add webpages to new assignments, questions, or announcements in a class without leaving the page you’re sharing. If you see Share to Classroom on a webpage, you can create a new assignment without going to Classroom first. You’ll find Share to Classroom with the webpage’s other social media icons.
Share material from a website to Classroom
- On the website you want to share, click Share to Classroom .
If you don't see this button, see below for more options.
- Sign in with your G Suite for Education account.
If your account doesn't appear, click Add account and sign in with your G Suite for Education account.
- Click Choose class and select the class to share to. If you don't have any classes, you'll need to create one first.
- Click Choose action and select one of the following options:
- Create assignment
- Ask question
- Make an announcement
- Click Go.
- Write your post. Then click Post.
- (Optional) To view the announcement or assignment in the class stream, click View.
I don’t see the Share to Classroom icon
If you don’t see Share to Classroom , you can still share the webpage using these options:
- Add the URL to an assignment, question, or announcement.
- Use the Share a webpage with your class Chrome extension.
Website owners add Share to Classroom , not Classroom or Google, so if it’s missing, it means that the website owner hasn’t added it to their site.
To add Share to Classroom , to a website:
- Talk to the person who owns the site.
- If you’re the owner, see developers.google.com/classroom.