Change your primary admin
You can change who in your organization receives important email notifications about your managed Google account. Initially, the administrator who signs up for your Google service is the primary admin and automatically receives these notifications. However, you can designate another super admin as the primary admin.
Messages the primary admin receives
The primary admin for your organization receives important communications about your Google service, such as:
- Changes to your Google service
- Changes to the Admin console
- Billing notifications
- Communications for support
Note: These communications are separate from the product tips, offers, and other announcements that all super admins optionally receive.
Send important messages to another admin
- From the Admin console Home page, go to Company profileProfile.
- Next to Contact information, under Primary administrator account, enter the username of the super admin you want to receive communications about your organization's Google account.
Note: You have to use your super admin username, not an alias.
- Under Secondary email address, enter another email address where you want to receive these communications. This address must be outside the domain that you use for your Google service—for example, a personal Gmail address.
The admin's contact information now appears in your company profile, and the admin starts receiving important communications.
If you suspend or delete the primary admin's account...
You'll be prompted to select another primary admin before you can suspend or delete the existing primary admin's account.