Supported editions for this feature: Business Plus; Enterprise; Enterprise for Education; G Suite Business; Cloud Identity Premium. Compare your edition
As an administrator, you can get a monthly report of unused company-owned Android devices that haven’t synchronized any work data in the last 30 days. The report is automatically emailed to all super administrators, and any other recipients you specify. Recipients can download the file to review unused devices and who last signed in with them.
Note: Personal Android devices in device owner mode aren’t reported. Only devices that you imported by serial number into your Admin console are included.
What’s in the report?
The report is a CSV file that lists the following device details:
- Serial number and asset tag
- Date it was first set up
- Time it last synced
- The email address of the last user that signed in
Turn the report on or off and change recipients
Before you begin: To apply the setting for certain users, put their accounts in an organizational unit.
From the Admin console Home page, go to Devices.
- At the left, click SettingsUniversal settings.
- Click SecurityInactive company owned devices.
- To apply the setting to everyone, leave the top organizational unit selected. Otherwise, select a child organizational unit.
- To turn on automatic reporting, check the box.
- (Optional) To send the report to more people, in the Also notify field, enter their email addresses.
- Click Save. If you configured a child organizational unit, you might be able to Inherit or Override a parent organizational unit's settings.
Note: If you’re not an administrator and you want to unsubscribe from the report, contact your administrator.