Supported editions for this feature: Business Plus; Enterprise; Education Standard and Education Plus; G Suite Business; Cloud Identity Premium. Compare your edition
As an administrator, you can get a monthly report of unused company-owned Android devices that haven’t synchronized any work data in the last 30 days. The report is automatically emailed to all super administrators, and any other recipients you specify. Recipients can download the file to review unused devices and who last signed in with them.
Note: Most devices in your company-owned inventory are evaluated for the report, but the following Android devices aren’t included:
- Personal Android devices in device owner mode (deprecated)
- Devices with Android 12 or later with a work profile
What’s in the report?
The report is a CSV file that lists the following device details:
- Serial number and asset tag
- Date it was first set up
- Time it last synced
- The email address of the last user that signed in
Turn the report on or off and change recipients
Before you begin: To apply the setting for certain users, put their accounts in an organizational unit.
Sign in to your Google Admin console.
Sign in using your administrator account (does not end in @gmail.com).
In the Admin console, go to Menu DevicesMobile & endpointsSettingsUniversal settings.
- Click SecurityInactive company owned devices.
- To apply the setting to everyone, leave the top organizational unit selected. Otherwise, select a child organizational unit.
- To turn on automatic reporting, check the box.
- (Optional) To send the report to more people, in the Also notify field, enter their email addresses.
- Click Save. If you configured a child organizational unit, you might be able to Inherit or Override a parent organizational unit's settings.
Note: If you’re not an administrator and you want to unsubscribe from the report, contact your administrator.