Prepare a deployment plan to ensure a successful experience for your users. In addition to turning on Meet, make sure that your network has sufficient bandwidth and the correct configurations to manage video meetings.
|Prepare your network||Make sure your network has sufficient bandwidth and the correct configurations to support video meetings.||Optimize your network for Hangouts|
|Prepare your support team||
Train your support team to use Meet:
|Inform your users||Let your users know that change is coming. For example, send them an email.|
|Train your users||Unlock the power and ease of Meet video meetings using the Learning Center tutorials, Google Meet Help Center, and other training material.||Train your users|
|Set up video meeting rooms||
Create a video meeting rooms where groups can join video meetings.
Use posters, emails, or other communication to let people know where they can join video meetings.
|Set up a video meeting space|
|Turn on Meet||When your users, support team, and network are ready, turn Meet on using the G Suite Admin console.||Turn Meet on or off|
Users can provide feedback after video meeting to help us improve Meet.
You should also continue to gather video meeting usage data and adjust your network's bandwidth as Meet usage grows.
|Feedback and support|
The Google Meet Help Center has answers to many questions.
Contact G Suite support for answers and more help.
After you turn on Meet:
- Everyone in your organization can create and join Meet video meetings.
- New Calendar events created by the affected users include a video meeting link.
- Events created by G Suite Enterprise users also include a dial-in number.
- Anyone inside your domain or included in a Calendar event can join the Meet video meeting. People outside your domain that weren’t added to Calendar event can request to join.
- On a web browser, users can go to https://meet.google.com/ to start and join meetings, or use the mobile app.
- Users can join both classic Hangouts and Meet video meetings from a Chrome device for meetings.
- Previously scheduled Calendar events using Hangouts will still use classic Hangouts video meetings.