2. Why switch to Meet
Although Meet should seem familiar to classic Hangouts users, it’s designed specifically for the enterprise user. Benefits include:
- Simple interface—A streamlined interface allows you to focus on common workplace actions, such as inviting others or presenting content.
- Large meetings—Meet makes it easier than ever to start and join video meetings from mobile devices, computers, or a conference room. You can meet with up to 100 people at a time (G Suite Enterprise).
- Secure meetings—All video and audio streams in Meet are encrypted. Users can join securely even when they're off site.
- Live streaming—Broadcast your important company-wide townhalls or other large meetings to up to 100,000 viewers. This feature is only available for G Suite Enterprise.
- Recording—Record meetings from your computer to review later or share with people who could not attend. Easily access your recordings using the email link sent after the meeting ends.
- Dial in from a phone—A phone number and PIN is automatically added to every Meet video meeting. Anyone can use the number to dial in, including external users. Note: Regular call charges apply.
- Dial out to a phone—People in the same domain as the event organizer can invite others to join a video meeting by phone. Note: Phone participants count toward a meeting’s user limit and any regular call charges apply.
- Quick access to meetings—
- Invite people inside or outside your organization. Schedule a meeting using Google Calendar or invite people after you join the meeting.
- Schedule meetings. All meetings scheduled with Google Calendar include a Meet video link and a dial-in number so people can call in for audio access.
- Start an instant meeting. On your phone, open the mobile app. Or in your browser, go to https://meet.google.com, start a meeting, then invite others to join.
- Share your screen. While in a meeting, you can share your screen to present slides or other information on your desktop.
- Use multiple devices. Scheduled meetings are synced automatically across devices, so you can start a meeting on your computer and continue on another device, such as your phone.
See Training and tutorials for more information about Hangouts Meet features.