Important! Use this article to set up a new domain with Google Workspace. If you've been using Google Workspace with your domain for more than 3 days, your domain is already verified.
We don't want someone else to use your domain to sign up for Google Workspace. You can help us keep your domain safe by showing us that you are the owner.
How do I verify?
When you sign up for your Google service, you get a verification record that you copy and paste into your domain settings (usually stored with your domain host).
Need help with verification? Contact Google Workspace support for fast, personalized help that’s included with your Google Workspace subscription. Google Cloud support is available for customers with Silver, Gold, or Platinum support levels.
- In the Admin Console, on the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the link to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the Admin Console doesn’t provide a link to your domain, click here to open the ClouDNS® site in a new tab. The Admin Console remains open in the first tab.
- Sign in to ClouDNS.
- Go back to the ClouDNS site tab you opened earlier in step 1.3.
- Under DNS Zones, click the domain name you that you want to verify for your Google service.
- Click the TXT tab.
- Click Add new record.
- Leave the Host field blank.
- Paste the verification record you copied earlier into the Points to field.
- Click Save.
Scroll to the bottom of the next page and click Verify my domain.
Important! It might take additional time for your registrar to publish the verification code. If the Google Workspace setup tool gives you an error message, wait an hour before you try again.
In extreme cases, it can take up to 48 hours for your registrar to publish your verification code.
- Return to the Google Workspace setup tool, where you can:
- Add other users to your account.
- Activate Gmail for your organization.
- Review the quick start guides to continue setting up Google Workspace for your organization.