As an alternative to using the Transfer tool for unmanaged users, you can send and manage transfer requests from a CSV file. This might be a good option for transferring a large number of your unmanaged user accounts in bulk.
You can download the list of accounts to a spreadsheet (CSV file) to:
- More easily track users' invitation status
- Send, resend, or cancel their invitations in bulk by updating the spreadsheet and then uploading it to your Admin console
- Use it for further analysis, such as comparing it to accounts on our LDAP server
For instructions, see the sections below.Step 1: Download the list of unmanaged users
Open the transfer tool for unmanaged users. For details, go to Find users with potentially conflicting accounts.
- At the top of the page, click Bulk update users.
- Click Download all unmanaged users in CSV file to download a comma-separated values (.csv) file.
Your Tasks list opens automatically and shows the progress of the download
- Once processing is complete, click Download CSV.
- Open the CSV file in a spreadsheet application, such as Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel.
The file has required columns with information you can update and read-only columns.
- Update information in any of the required columns in the spreadsheet:
- User email—Must be the format firstname.lastname@example.org
- (Re) Send transfer requests—Must be Yes or No
- Cancel transfer requests—Must be Yes or No
- Save the spreadsheet as a CSV file (.csv). Status changes are processed when you upload the file.
- The following columns contain read-only information. You can either include or remove them when you upload the updated CSV file:
- Requests sent
- Requests status
- Requests modified
- If you add any other columns to the CSV file, they'll be ignored when you upload the file.
- If you add any other accounts to the CSV file, they'll be ignored when you upload the file.
- At the top of the Users page, click Bulk update users.
- Click Attach CSV file.
- Browse to the location on your computer and attach the CSV file.
- Click Upload. If there's an error, enter the missing information in your spreadsheet and upload the file again. For more information, go to Common errors below.
Your Tasks list opens automatically and shows the progress of the upload. Once processing is complete, you'll receive an email report.
If there's a processing error, download the log file from your Tasks list. For more information, go to Common errors below.
You might get one of these errors when you upload your CSV file:
|File is empty||Your file doesn't contain any information.|
|Incorrect file format or unknown column name||
The columns in your file should be titled User email [Required], (Re)Send transfer requests [Required], Cancel transfer requests [Required].
Make sure the column titles are in the correct case and order, as shown above.
|File must have the "column name" column||A required column is missing.|
Common log file errors:
|Row nn: INVALID_COLUMN NAME||A required column contains invalid characters, such as a space in a user's email address. Or, a column is missing for a specific row.|
|Row nn: INVALID_EMPTY||A required column is missing information (such as Yes or No setting).|