Currently only available for super administrators.
On your Apple iOS device, you can use the Google Admin app and Google Contacts to add contacts as new G Suite users. Any contact information, such as email address and phone number, is added as well. Even the user’s photo is added.
Add a new user from Contacts
- Open the Google Admin app . Set up now.
- If necessary, tap Menu the Down arrow to switch to your super administrator account.
- Tap Menu Users.
- Tap Add Import contact.
- Tap the name or photo of the contact you want to add.
The contact’s name is imported, along with their photo (if available) and any email addresses and phone numbers.
- Enter the user’s new G Suite email address.
- (Optional) Set the user’s initial password.
By default, Google Admin generates a temporary password for the new user. The password character length is greater than the required minimum (8), or the minimum password length you've set for your domain.
- (Optional) To change the initial password, set Auto generate password to OFF and enter a new password twice.
The password must be at least 8 characters. See Password help for tips on how to create a strong password.
- (Optional) Require the user to change their password when they next sign in.
By default, this requirement is on.
- (Optional) To add additional information or add the user to a group, tap Add more info.
This information is visible in the Google Admin console and if you access Contacts via Gmail.
- Tap Done .
When the new user is added, you see a confirmation message.
- Tap OK to close the message box or tap Share to send details of the new account using Gmail or another messaging application.
Google sends the new user a welcome email with the account details (domain name, user name, and password). The message includes a link to sign in to their new account.
Google, G Suite, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.