If you purchased your domain through Google Domains, billing is managed through your Google Workspace or Cloud Identity Premium account. If you want to change your billing expiration date or domain host, you need to cancel your domain billing subscription with Google Workspace or Cloud Identity Premium and set up billing directly with Google Domains. The annual registration cost and privacy settings for your domain remains the same with Google Domains.
Note: If you brought your existing domain to Google Workspace or Cloud Identity Premium, then your domain host bills you for your domain.
When you cancel your domain billing subscription with Google Workspace or Cloud Identity Premium, you must set up billing for the domain in Google Domains in order to continue registration. Otherwise, you may no longer own the domain when your annual registration expires.
If you cancel your Google domain billing subscription, you will lose your domain name when your annual registration expires unless you set up your billing subscription with Google Domains.
In the Admin console, go to Menu AccountDomainsManage domains.
- Next to your domain, click View Details.
- Click Cancel Domain Billing Subscription.
- For Subscriptions, click Domain Registration.
- Click Cancel Subscription.
- Select a reason for cancelingclick Continue.
- Check the box to confirm that you read the information and want to continue.
- Enter your administrator email addressclick Cancel My Subscription.
- If you want to set up your billing subscription with Google Domains (so you don’t lose your domain name when your registration expires), go to Step 2 below on this page and complete the steps.
You need to set up billing in Google Domains so that your domain registration does not expire, causing you to lose your domain name. Setting up your domain billing subscription with Google Domains also allows you to:
- Transfer your domain to another host
- Turn off auto-renewal of your domain
- Add years to your domain registration
Note: Billing for your domain won’t start until the time of your next annual renewal.
- Sign in to Google Domains.
If you don’t see your domain, in the top-right corner, click your profile image and sign in with the username and password that was used to purchase the domain.
- Select the domain.
- Click Menu Registration settings.
- Scroll down to Registration and choose an option to pay with your Google Account:
- To pay automatically each year, click Turn on auto-renew.
- To pay for a set number of years, click Add yearsselect the number of years to add.
- Choose to pay with the card on file or click Add credit or debit card to pay with a new card.
- Click Buy to complete the transaction.
You can now fully manage your domain and billing subscription through Google Domains. To transfer your domain to another host, see Transfer a domain to another registrar.