Why do I need to do this?
We don't want someone else to use your domain to sign up for Google Workspace. You can help us keep your domain safe by showing us that you are the owner.
How this works
Every domain (like your-company.com) has a set of DNS records that can be viewed by anyone on the internet. DNS records tell computers how to find your website and where to deliver your company's email messages.
- You'll copy a verification code from the Google Workspace setup tool.
- You'll sign in to your domain registrar and paste the verification code in to the DNS records for your domain.
- Once your domain registrar publishes your verification code, we'll know you are the owner of your domain.
I'm an advanced user–give me some technical details
You're about to add a TXT record to the DNS settings at your domain registrar. This is the easiest method for most new Google Workspace administrators.
If you prefer a different verification method, you can also use the setup tool to:
- add a CNAME record at your domain registrar. This is similar to the TXT verification method described below.
- get an HTML file with your verification code. You can upload that file to your website, and we'll confirm your domain ownership when we see the file on your site.
- get your verification code in the form of an HTML meta tag. You can add that meta tag to your website's home page, and we'll confirm your domain ownership when we see the tag in your home page's HTML code.
- If your domain doesn't have MX records for an existing email provider, you might be able to use an MX record to confirm your domain ownership. Note: The setup tool only offers this option if it determines your domain is eligible for this verification method.
To use one of these other verification methods, click Switch verification methods when you open the setup tool.
Before you begin
This won't be easy, but we're here to help.
DNS records have been around since the beginning of the internet. This can be a challenging task, and the steps are different for each domain. We've tried to make this chore as easy as possible, but you may get frustrated.
Please read carefully, and we'll help you get through this!
You might need to switch to a different Google account
If you owned your domain before you signed up for Google Workspace, you used a different account to buy that domain. Make sure you have the email address and password for the Google account that owns your domain.
If you have any trouble finding your domain, contact Google Domains for help.
You must use the Google Workspace setup tool to complete this task. If you don't already have it open in another tab, click below to open it.
Important: We strongly suggest you follow the instructions in the setup tool and only return to this page if you need additional information.
I'm stuck and need help
I get an error when I click the blue button
The setup tool is for Google Workspace and Cloud Identity administrators only. It doesn't work with any other Google product.
Make sure you're signing in with an admin account.
It says "You're all set to use Google Workspace"
Your domain is already verified! You don't need to do anything else.
We won't let anyone else use this domain to sign up for Google Workspace.
I'm not sure what to do next
How to add your verification code
Tell Google Workspace to verify your code
- Return to the Google Workspace setup tool, where you can:
- Add other users to your account.
- Activate Gmail for your organization.
- Review the quick start guides to continue setting up Google Workspace for your organization.