Workday cloud application
You must be signed in as a super administrator for this task.
Using Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML), your users can use their Google Cloud credentials to sign in to enterprise-cloud applications.
As administrator, you have to configure a few things to make it work, including:
- Set up the selected application as a SAML service provider (SP).
- Set up G Suite as a SAML identity provider (IdP).
- Enter application-specific service provider details in Google Admin console.
- Turn on single sign-on (SSO) for the application.
- Verify that the SSO is working.
Here's how to set up Single Sign-On (SSO) via SAML for the Workday® application.Set up Workday as a SAML 2.0 service provider (SP)
Sign in to your Google Admin console.
Sign in using your administrator account (does not end in @gmail.com).
- Click Security > Set up single sign-on (SSO). Where is it?
- Click the Download button to download the Google IdP metadata and the X.509 Certificate.
- Open a new incognito browser window.
- Login to your organization’s Workday tenant where you will be configuring SSO.
- Click Workbench.
- Click Account Administration > Edit tenant setup - Security.
- Under SAML Setup, select Enable SAML Authentication.
- In the identity provider ID field, enter https://yourdomainname.my.google.com.
- In the Login Redirect URL field, enter https://your-workday-domain/tenant-name/login-saml.htmld.
- Click Create > Create x509 Public Key.
- Enter the data from the Google IdP metadata file:
Valid from (Creation date)
Valid to (Expiration date)
Certificate: Paste in the PEM version of the G Suite IdP certificate you downloaded in Step 3
- Enter http://www.workday.com in the Workday SAML Issuer (SP ID) field.
- Enter http://www.google.com in the Issuer For SAML (IdP ID) field.
- In the Customer SSO Service Login URL field, enter http://www.google.com.
- In the Customer SSO Service Logout URL field, enter http://www.google.com.
- Click Save to save the Federated Web single sign-on Configuration details and proceed to the next section to set up G Suite as a SAML identity provider (IdP).
- In a new browser tab, sign in to your Admin console as a super administrator.
- Click Apps > SAML apps.
- Select the Add a service/App to your domain link or click the plus (+) icon in the bottom corner.
- Select the Workday item from the list. The values on the Google IDP Information page automatically populate.
- There are two ways to collect the service provider Setup information:
You can copy the Entity ID and the Single Sign-On URL field values and download the X.509 Certificate, paste them into the appropriate service provider Setup fields, and then click Next
You can download the IDP metadata, upload it into the appropriate service provider Setup fields, and then come back to the admin console and click Next.
- In the Basic application information window, the Application name and Description values automatically populate. You can edit them.
- (Optional) Click Choose file next to the Upload Logo field to upload a PNG or GIF file to serve as an icon. The file size should be 256 pixels square.
- Click Next.
- In the Service Provider Details section, enter the following URLs into the Entity ID, ACS URL, and Start URL fields:
ACS URL: https://your-workday-domain/tenant-name/login-saml.htmld
Entity ID: http://www.workday.com
Start URL: <Empty>
- Leave Signed Response unchecked.
When the Signed Response checkbox is unchecked, only the assertion is signed. When the Signed Response checkbox is checked, the entire response is signed.
- The default Name ID is the primary email. Multi-value input is not supported. You can change the Name ID mapping as per your requirement. Custom attributes of the User Schema can also be used after creating them via Google Admin SDK APIs. The custom attributes for the User Schema need to be created prior to setting up the Workday SAML App.
- Click Next.
- (Optional) Click Add new mapping and enter a new name for the attribute you want to map.
- In the drop-down list, first select the Category and then choose a User attribute to map the attribute from the G Suite profile.
- Click Finish.
- Sign in to your Admin console.
- Go to Apps > SAML apps.
- Select Workday.
- At the top of the gray box, click More and choose:
- On for everyone to turn on the service for all users (click again to confirm).
- Off to turn off the service for all users (click again to confirm).
- On for some organizations to change the setting only for some users.
- Ensure that your Workday user account email IDs match those in your G Suite domain.
- Open https://your-domain-name.workday.com. You should be automatically redirected to the G Suite sign-in page.
- Enter your sign-in credentials.
- After your sign-in credentials are authenticated you will be automatically redirected back to Workday.