Enable classic Hangouts video calls
If you have Drive Enterprise edition, upgrade to G Suite Enterprise to get this service.
As an administrator, you can turn classic Hangouts video calling on or off for your domain or for specific organizational units.
Note: This setting does not apply to the new Hangouts Meet video meeting settings.
- Verify that your organization uses G Suite, Basic, Government, or Education edition.
- Sign in to your Admin console with your full G Suite email address and password.
- Verify the Talk/Hangouts service is enabled.
- From the Admin console Home page, go to Apps G Suite Hangouts Meet settings.
- Under Additional Services, select Allow users to place voice and video calls from classic Hangouts and chat.
- (Optional) Allow external guests to join by default. Learn more
- Go back to Settings for Hangouts.
- Click Global settings.
- Under Hangouts video calls, select All classic Hangouts video calls begin with external guests allowed to request access.
- Click Save when you’re done.