Turn Cloud Search on or off for users
As an account administrator, you can control who in your organization can use Google Cloud Search. Turn on the service in your Google Admin console to let users search across your organization's content.
Cloud Search is included with the G Suite Enterprise, G Suite Enterprise for Education, or Business edition. Compare editions.
Control who uses Cloud Search in your organization
Before you begin: To turn the service on or off for select groups of users, put their accounts in an organizational unit.
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsG SuiteCloud Search.
At the top of the gray box, click More and choose:
- On for everyone to turn on the service for all users (click again to confirm).
- Off to turn off the service for all users (click again to confirm).
- On for some organizations to change the setting only for some users.
If you chose On for some organizations:
- In the left panel, select Settings for specific organizational units.
- Select the organization that contains the users whose settings you want to change.
- Select On or Off to change the setting.
- Click Override to keep the setting the same, even if the parent setting changes.
- If the organization's status is already Overridden, choose an option:
- Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
- Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about the organizational structure.
After turning on Cloud Search: Turn on Web History for your team.