Turn Cloud Search on or off for users
As an account administrator, you can control who in your organization can use Google Cloud Search. Turn on the service in your Google Admin console to let users search across your organization's content.
Control who uses Cloud Search in your organization
Before you begin: To turn the service on or off for select groups of users, put their accounts in an organizational unit.
From the Admin console dashboard, go to AppsG SuiteCloud Search.
At the top of the gray box, click More and choose:
- On for everyone to turn on the service for all users (click again to confirm).
- Off to turn off the service for all users (click again to confirm).
- On for some organizations to change the setting only for some users.
If you chose On for some organizations:
- Select the organization that contains the users whose settings you want to change.
- Click Override or Inherit, whichever appears.
Override makes the setting stay the same, even if the parent setting changes.
Inherit reverts to the same setting as its parent.
- If you clicked Override, click On or Off to change the setting.
- Click Apply twice to confirm.
Learn more about the organizational structure.
- Click Apply.
After turning on Cloud Search: Turn on Web History for your team.