Imena: Set up G Suite MX records
Important: If you purchased your domain from Google when you signed up for G Suite, you don’t need to set up Gmail. You can start using it now. If you’re signed in to your G Suite account, in the top right, click the App Launcher Gmail .
You’re now ready to set up Gmail as your business email for your domain (and, if you haven’t already, verify your domain).
To do this, you need to sign in to your domain host and direct the email for your domain to the G Suite servers. It’s like registering your new address with the post office when you move so that your mail gets delivered to the right place. We’ll walk you through the steps.
Before you begin
- Verify that you own your domain.
Or, you can verify now with an MX record. We’ll show you how while you're setting up the MX records.
- Create user accounts in G Suite for your team.
If your team members already use email with your domain (their email address ends with your domain), you have to create their user accounts in G Suite before you change any MX record settings. Otherwise, they won't be able to send or receive messages with their business address in Gmail.
- If you’re in the Setup Wizard, go to the Add G Suite MX records instructions. If you don’t have the wizard open, sign in to the G Suite Setup Wizard. The wizard will help you tell Google to find your new MX records and direct your mail to Gmail.
Change your MX records to start using G Suite
Step 1: Sign in to your domain host
- Leave the G Suite Setup Wizard open.
- Open a new browser tab or window and go to the Imena® site.
- On the Imena homepage, in the upper right, click Login (Вход).
- From the list, select Imena Login (Вход Imena).
- Under Login to Control Panel (Вход в контрольную панель), enter the login or email address and password you created when you purchased your domain from Imena.
- Click Login (войти).
- Next to the domain you where you want to set up Google MX records, click Managing domain.
You might see a temporary Managing Domains page before being taken to your domain settings.
- In the Domain settings section, click Go to manage domain.
You will be taken to the DNShosting.org site where you can access your Imena.UA control panel.
- Scroll down to any MX entry in the Type (тип) field, and click delete to remove the record.
You'll add Google MX records in the next step.
- Click OK (Tak) to confirm the deletion.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 until all of the MX records are removed.
To direct your email to your G Suite account, you have to add new MX records to your domain. These are the records that you'll need to add:
|MX server address||Priority|
- Click Add record (Додати запис) to start adding new MX records.
- From the Type (тип) field, select MX.
- In the Host (subdomain) ( хост [субдомен]) field, enter @.
- In the Priority (пріоритет) field, enter 1.
- In the Input Data (введiTb дані) field, enter ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
Include the period (.) at the end of the MX record.
- Click Save (36epeГТИ) to save your new MX record.
- Click OK (Tak) to confirm the addition of the MX record.
- Repeat steps 1–7, entering the remaining MX Server address values from the table above, and setting the Priority values respectively.
Skip this step if you already verified your domain by another method (such as TXT record, HTML file, or meta tag).
If you need to verify your domain:
- Find the unique MX verification record provided by the G Suite Setup Wizard.
- Copy the entire record (ends in mx-verification.google.com) and paste it in the Value/Answer/Destination/Target column.
- Make sure the record's priority is set to Low or to 15 or greater.
- In the first tab or window, return to the G Suite Setup Wizard.
- Click through any confirming steps in the wizard.
- Click Verify or I have completed these steps to tell Google to look for your new MX records.
Congratulations! Your business email for your domain is now directed to the G Suite mail servers.
- The records can take several hours to update, so you might not immediately get new email messages in Gmail. Until then, you'll continue to receive messages at your old email provider.
- If you see the MX records setup validation in progress message in the Admin console for more than a few hours, make sure you entered the MX address records and priorities correctly in the DNS records stored with your host.
- If you still need help changing your MX records, contact G Suite support.