Wix: Set up G Suite MX records
Change your MX records to start using Gmail
You’re now ready to set up Gmail as your business email for your domain (yourcompany.com).
To do this, you have to direct the email for your domain to the G Suite servers. It’s like registering your new address with the post office when you move so that your mail gets delivered to the right place.
To get started, you’ll log in to your domain host, which manages technical settings for your domain. You’ll then update the MX record settings to direct your email to your G Suite account. If you were already using email with your domain, you’ll start receiving messages in Gmail instead of at your old email provider.
Before you start
- Verified that you own your domain.
- Created user accounts for your team in G Suite.
If your team members already use email with your domain, you have to create their user accounts in G Suite before you change the MX record settings for your domain. Otherwise, they won't be able to send or receive messages with their business address in Gmail. You can create accounts for new users later.
Let's Get Started
These instructions walk you through updating MX records to your Wix domain. Wix not your domain host? See instructions for other hosts.Open the Setup Wizard
- If you verified your domain and are still signed in to your Admin console, skip to step 2.
If you signed out of your Admin console, sign back in by entering your G Suite email address (this email address ends with @yourcompany.com, and is not an @gmail.com address) and your password at admin.google.com.
- At the top of the Google Admin console (Dashboard), click Set up Gmail.
If you don't see this Wizard, you can still set up your MX records directly from your Admin console. To do so, click Domains, and then click Set up Google MX records for your domain. You can then choose your domain host from the drop-down list to see the instructions to set up your MX records. (Can't see Domains in your Admin console? Click More Controls.)
- Confirm by clicking Set up email.
- You should now see the Log in to your domain host's website step in the G Suite Setup Wizard.
Setup Wizard Instructions1. Sign in to your Wix account
- Leave the G Suite Setup Wizard open.
- Open a new browser window and sign in to the Wix site at wix.com. If you don’t know your account information, click Forgot Password? to reset your password or contact Wix support.
Whenever you see the G Suite icon in these instructions, you’ll complete that step in the G Suite Setup Wizard.
- In the G Suite Setup Wizard, check the I have successfully logged in box.
- In the Wix site, hover over the user icon at the top of the page and click Domains.
- Click the expand arrow for the domain for which you want to update the MX records.
- Click Mailboxes.
- Click Configure your MX records.
- Click the Your Email Provider drop-down list and select G Suite.
- Click OK.
Return to the Wizard. You'll check several steps and then complete the setup.
- In the G Suite Setup Wizard, check the I have opened the control panel for my domain box.
- In the G Suite Setup Wizard, check the I have deleted existing MX records box.
- In the G Suite Setup Wizard, check the I created MX records with these values box.
Congratulations! Your business email for your domain has now been directed to the G Suite mail servers.
Note: The change may take up to several hours to update, so you may not receive new email messages in Gmail immediately. Until then, if you have been using another service for your email, you'll continue to receive messages at your old email provider.
If you see a MX records setup validation in progress message in the Domains page for more than a few hours, check your that the MX record values and priority have been correctly entered in your domain host.
You can also contact Google Cloud Support to help guide you to change your MX records for Gmail.