Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service, such as G Suite, G Suite Essentials, or Cloud Identity. If you have G Suite, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
How to verify
If you already signed up for G Suite but didn't complete the setup process, you can pick up where you left off.
Open the setup tool and click Verify.
Click Continue to verify your domain with a TXT record. You can also click Switch verification method if you need to use another method.
- Click Copy to copy your unique verification record.
- Leave the Google Admin console open.
- Open a new browser tab or window and go to the Namecheap® site.
- At the top left of the Namecheap site, click Sign In.
- Enter the username and password you created when you purchased your domain from Namecheap.
- Click Sign In.
- From the Namecheap dashboard, next to the domain that you want to verify, click Manage.
- Click Advanced DNS.
- Scroll down to Host Records and below the host records table, click Add New Record.
- Open the instructions for the type of verification record you want to add to your domain’s DNS records. Add a TXT verification record (most common)
- From the record type list, select TXT Record.
- In the Host field, enter @.
- In the Value field, paste the entire verification record that you copied in step 1.
- In the TTL field, leave the default of Automatic.
- Click Save All Changes.
Note: The change can take up to 24 hours to update. However, as you go through the next steps to set up your Google services, Google immediately starts checking for your new verification record to verify your domain.
Return to the setup tool in the Admin console and click Verify.
Click Continue, then scroll to the bottom of the next page. Click Verify my domain.
G Suite: Next steps
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your G Suite account.
- Keep the Admin console and your domain host pages open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, follow the instructions to set up Gmail (MX records) with your host.