Important! Use this article to set up a new domain with Google Workspace. If you've been using Google Workspace with your domain for more than 3 days, your domain is already verified.
We don't want someone else to use your domain to sign up for Google Workspace. You can help us keep your domain safe by showing us that you are the owner.
How to verify
If you already signed up for Google Workspace but didn't complete the setup process, you can pick up where you left off.
Open the setup tool and click Verify.
Click Continue to verify your domain with a TXT record. You can also click Switch verification method if you need to use another method.
- Click Copy to copy your unique verification record.
- Leave the Google Admin console open.
- Open a new browser tab or window and go to the Namecheap site.
- At the top left of the Namecheap site, click Sign In.
- Enter the username and password you created when you purchased your domain from Namecheap.
- Click Sign In.
- From the Namecheap dashboard, next to the domain that you want to verify, click Manage.
- Click Advanced DNS.
- Scroll down to Host Records and below the host records table, click Add New Record.
- Open the instructions for the type of verification record you want to add to your domain’s DNS records. Add a TXT verification record (most common)
- From the record type list, select TXT Record.
- In the Host field, enter @.
- In the Value field, paste the entire verification record that you copied in step 1.
- In the TTL field, leave the default of Automatic.
- Click Save All Changes.
Note: The change can take up to 24 hours to update. However, as you go through the next steps to set up your Google services, Google immediately starts checking for your new verification record to verify your domain.
Scroll to the bottom of the next page and click Verify my domain.
Important! It might take additional time for your registrar to publish the verification code. If the Google Workspace setup tool gives you an error message, wait an hour before you try again.
In extreme cases, it can take up to 48 hours for your registrar to publish your verification code.
- Return to the Google Workspace setup tool, where you can:
- Add other users to your account.
- Activate Gmail for your organization.
- Review the quick start guides to continue setting up Google Workspace for your organization.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.