Payment method FAQ
Here are some common questions about using credit cards and bank accounts to pay for a Google subscription such as G Suite.
GeneralWhen do automatic payments occur?
- G Suite: Once your free trial is over and your paid subscription begins, we begin charging your payment method at the beginning of the following month. If your paid service begins in May, for example, we charge you at the beginning of June. After that, automatic charges continue to occur at the beginning of each month.
- Domain Registration: We debit your account when you initially purchase your domain, then charge your payment method at the beginning of the following month. If your domain is set to auto-renew, we renew your domain 7 days prior to the annual renewal date and charge your payment method at the beginning of the following month.
In some countries, the billing address you specify for a payment method must be in the same country as the billing country you select when you set up your Google billing account. If that's true for your location, you can't enter any other country in a billing address. Nor can you change the billing country associated with your account.
If your billing address isn't in the country you selected for your billing account, you can:
- Add a new payment method with a billing address that is in your billing account's country.
- Transfer your account to one of our G Suite Partners who might be able to change your billing account's country for you.
Credit card paymentsI just added my credit card. How long until it can be charged?
When you add a credit card, we can typically authorize and begin charging it right away. In some cases, however, this might take a few hours.
When setting up a Google billing account
Your service will start running almost immediately after you enter valid credit card information in your new billing account. However, in some circumstances it can take a few hours.
When making a manual payment
When you make a manual payment, we check with your credit card provider right away to see if your card can accept the charge. If it can, we authorize your card almost immediately for the amount of your payment.
If your account was suspended because an automatic payment was declined and you're paying off your balance to lift the suspension, service will resume once your payment is complete.
It might take several hours for the payment to appear in your Transaction history.
|American Express||GOOGLE LTD. CC@GOOGLE.COM GOOG
GOOGLE INC. CC@GOOGLE.COM GOOG
See details about Google charges in your account's Transaction history.
Bank accountsI just added my bank account. How long until it can be debited?
Before we can debit your new bank account, we need to verify that it's really yours. How long this takes depends on your location:
- If you're in the US, you must verify the account before we can begin payments. You can do this using instant verification, or by making a test deposit. If you’re verifying through a test deposit, the process can take up to 10 days (but it often happens much sooner).
- If you're in the UK or Europe, we can typically verify your account within an hour after you enter valid account information in your billing settings.