Payment method FAQ
Applies to G Suite, Cloud Identity Premium, and other paid services managed in the Google Admin console.
Here are some common questions about using credit cards and bank accounts to pay for a Google service.
- G Suite and Cloud Identity Premium—Once your free trial ends and your paid subscription starts, we charge your payment method at the beginning of the following month. If your paid service starts in May, for example, we charge you at the beginning of June. After that, charges continue automatically at the beginning of each month.
- Domain registration—We start charging your payment method at the time of purchase. If you set up your domain for automatic renewal, we renew your domain 7 days before the annual renewal date and charge your payment method at the beginning of the following month.
In some countries, the billing address you specify for a payment method must be in the same country as the billing country you select when you set up your Google billing account. If that's true for your location, you can't enter any other country in a billing address—nor can you change the billing country associated with your account.
If your billing address isn't in the country you selected for your billing account, you can:
- Add a new payment method with a billing address that is in your billing account's country.
- Transfer your account to one of our Google Partners who might be able to change your billing account's country for you.
Credit card payments
When you add a credit card, we can typically authorize and begin charging it right away. In some cases, however, this might take a few hours.
When setting up a Google billing account
Your service will start running almost immediately after you enter valid credit card information in your new billing account. However, in some circumstances it can take a few hours.
When making a manual payment
When you make a manual payment, we check with your credit card provider right away to see if your card can accept the charge. If it can, we authorize your card almost immediately for the amount of your payment.
If your account was suspended because an automatic payment was declined and you're paying off your balance to lift the suspension, service will resume once your payment is complete.
It might take several hours for the payment to appear in your transactions.
|American Express||GOOGLE LTD. CC@GOOGLE.COM GOOG
GOOGLE INC. CC@GOOGLE.COM GOOG
See details about Google charges in your account's Transaction history.
If Google charges appear on your credit card statement but you didn't sign up for a Google billing account, contact G Suite support .
Before we can debit your new bank account, we need to verify that it's really yours. How long this takes depends on your location:
- If you're in the U.S., you must verify the account before we can begin payments. You can do this by making a test deposit. This process can take up to 10 days, but it often happens much sooner.
- If you're in the U.K., it takes about 2 days for us to verify your account. No action is required on your part.
- If you're in Europe other than the U.K., we can typically verify your account within an hour after you enter valid account information in your billing settings.