As a G Suite Groups administrator, you can keep posts in online forums so members can view them anytime. This is called message archiving. You can turn message archiving ON or OFF for each group:
- ON: Members who choose to get email updates can read and respond to posts using the online forum, email, or both. If they opt out of email updates, they can access posts online.
- OFF: Old posts stay archived in the online forum. New posts aren’t added. Group members who get email updates can read and reply to them through email. Those who opt out of email updates can’t see new posts.
Group members might also get posts in the form of emails, depending on the group email settings.
To turn archiving on or off:
From the Admin console Home page, go to Groups.
If you don't see Groups on the Home page, at the bottom, click More controls.
- Point to a group, and click Edit settings.
- At the bottom of the page, click advanced settings. You’re taken to the group's Access permissions page in your Groups for Business service.
- On the left, click Information Content control.
- Do one of the following:
- To turn archiving on, check the Archive messages to the group box.
- To turn it off, uncheck the Archive messages to the group box.
- At the top, click Save.